Seedhead Arts is registered as a partnership between Adam Turkington and Ali Fell. As sole traders we do not have company policies as such but we do have the commitment to quality and excellence in equality, health, safety and security.
Seedhead Arts is committed to providing high quality products, effective project management and outstanding customer service.
Health, safety and security
Seedhead Arts recognises the importance of health, safety and security – both during a project and afterwards. We are also well used to working with the most vulnerable and taking extra precautions accordingly.
Our health and safety record demonstrates our commitment and approach to effective health and safety management. Our processes and procedures are designed not simply to meet legal requirements but to effectively deliver a healthy, safe and secure working environment for our employees and everyone else who might be affected by our work.
Adam’s ten years’ experience in a Belfast City Council run venue has given him a firm grounding in these principles and our standards are on a par with those expected at the Waterfront Hall. Our recent work in large outdoor events and specialism in pop-up has given an extra dimension to our experience
Seedhead Arts recognises and accepts its duty to ensure so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and those aspects of welfare at work which are the subject of health and safety regulations of all its employees. Employees can refer to the partners, subcontractors or volunteers (at present we have no permanent employees.)
In particular we recognise and accept that this duty extends to:-
– the provision and maintenance of systems of work that are, so far as is reasonably practicable, safe and without risk to health;
– arrangements for ensuring, so far as is reasonably practicable, safety and absence of risks to health in connection with the use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances;
– such information, instruction, training and supervision, so far as is reasonably practicable, to enable all employees to avoid hazards and contribute positively to their own safety and health at work;
– so far as is reasonably practicable, with regard to any place of work under its control, the maintenance of it in a condition that is safe and without risks to health and provision and maintenance of means of access to and egress from it that are safe and without such risks;
– the provision and maintenance of a working environment for its employees that is, so far as is reasonably practicable, safe, without risks to health, and adequate as regards facilities and arrangements for their welfare at work.
Seedhead Arts also recognises and accepts its duty to conduct its undertaking in such a way as to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, that persons not in its employment, who may be affected thereby, are not exposed to risks to their health or safety.
Seedhead Arts has public liability insurance of £5 million and professional indemnity insurance of £1 million; a copy of the insurance documentation is available on request.
We recognise the contribution our sub-contractors make to the success of what we do. We are committed to offering our sub-contractors fair terms and conditions.
As part of our broader commitment to equal opportunities, we ensure that our events are designed to be accessible to as many people as possible. As individuals we are committed to the key tenants of Community Arts, broadening access to, participation in, and ownership and authorship of the arts. We are also committed to building shared cultural space for people of all backgrounds to build community and much of our work is conducted in the area of Good Relations.